Thursday 23 July 2015

My Struggle Of Getting Admission In My Dream Management School

Extraordinary achievements are most often achieved by those who struggle the most and yet do not let their circumstances become their excuse for failure. Have you ever noticed that so many times, the top rankers of competitive exams of the highest standards belong to the poorest of families? I have read so many interviews of just such brilliant students who succeeded in getting admission in the top management college against all odds. Without receiving expensive coaching classes I took for granted a few years back when appearing for the entrances, these students achieved their dreams through sheer dedication and hard work.

IILM - Get Admission in Top MBA College

Let me tell you my story: I took a year off after completing my graduation to prepare for MBA entrances. I joined the best coaching institute in Delhi and even attended my classes regularly. Overconfident of my abilities, I barely put in any extra effort. I attended classes, but that’s all I did. I practiced subjects I liked and completely ignored the topics I detested. I probably was banking on my luck. An MBA aspirant who seriously wishes to get through one of the top ranked MBA colleges in Delhi never has any free time. He/she is almost always busy- sometimes preparing for the mock tests and the other times just brushing up the basics. I, on the other hand, seemed to have all the free time in the world. My cousin actually thought I had taken a year off to just chill. Considering I didn’t perform spectacularly in any of the entrances, I wasn’t expecting great results. But when the results did come out, I was stunned and shattered. Never had I performed so horribly in my life of 21 years.

But I picked myself up again and decided to make a fresh departure. After all, that’s the reason behind the existence of problems and failures. This time I did everything I didn’t do the last time. I studied so hard that I surprised myself. My goal of getting admission in India’s top management college was crystal clear and I couldn’t afford to make any mistake. And the result, you ask? I got the desired course in my dream college and am currently in my second year of college. Well, they say it right; difficulties do enable us to forge our character and come out as stronger individuals!


No comments:

Post a Comment