Friday 27 November 2015

Why You Should Go For MBA After A Few Years Of Work-Ex

It was almost about 4 years that I was working. I still remember why I chose to start working right after my graduation- I was weary of further studies!  I had joined a company then and had been working there ever since. In the beginning it was all so good. Going to work each day gave me a feeling of being a grown up. New office, new people and associations certainly made my life so exciting. The salary was the best thing as I became independent in my own way, I was finally earning on my own and it used to feel out of the world! But then, in a few years, I realized that my career was stagnant and it has been a while that I got any raise or appraisal.




I saw new employees who were from MBA colleges, joined with higher packages and their appraisals were also smooth. It was only then I decided to take a break from my job and pursue higher studies.

Earlier I was not much keen on quitting my job as I have carved out my own comfort zone. But when the reality dawned on me, I acted fast and I looked for an MBA college in Delhi and NCR. This decision proved to be a life turning one as I immediately started to prepare for the entrance exams and dedicated my whole time to it. Needless to say it was pretty difficult for me to come back to studying and academics after years of work, but I knew this was for a better future, and this is what drove me into serious preparation.

I got through one of the renowned MBA colleges in my hometown itself. Life took a completely different turn post that. Two years of dedicated studies, taxing projects and assignments made my ‘newly’ found student life extremely hectic. I specialized in finance and I increased my networking circle to a great extent and came to know a lot of people in the industry. I got the insight of the market and came to know about it so much better! I got a great placement after the end of my course, and I realized what mistake I was doing while not opting for this so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment