Monday 20 April 2015

Importance Of Work Experience

Graduates fresh out of college often wonder if they should pursue MBA straightaway, or work for a few years first. After graduating from college, I too battled a similar dilemma.  Since I was very confused, I started preparing for various MBA entrances. My father asked me to do some research and find out more about the best MBA colleges in India.


I did not score well in majority of the entrances which resulted in a bad state of mind and low self-confidence. I was still confused but I replaced confusion with action. I decided to apply for jobs. Even though I still wanted to pursue MBA, I had no better option. I am happy to report that I have started working and am learning so much with each passing day. Here are a few reasons you should work for a few years before pursuing MBA:

Visit India's Best MBA College

  • More Clarity

I did get a call from an average institute on the basis of an entrance in which I had surprisingly performed well. The interviewer sensed my apparent lack of clarity and advised me to start working. Working in the corporate world would familiarise you with its workings. You would realize if you really want to pursue MBA in future.

  • Personality Development

Assuming that you have a good work profile, you would get to hone your skills helping you shape your personality. You would gain more confidence which would further help you in your future interviews and in giving presentations in a B school.

  • Facilitates Selection

A solid work experience would improve your chances of getting admission into one of Delhi’s top 20 MBA colleges. A candidate having a few years of work experience would always be preferred over a candidate with similar skills but no work experience.
I plan to give MBA entrances again, but after 2 years. I am confident I would be more prepared and focused at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment